12. Therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect." 3 Nephi 12:48“Becoming” is a principle of consistency and growth.
Elder Dallas Merrell said: "Our most fundamental doctrines impel us to improve, individually and as a group. We counsel one with another. We pray together and in secret. We acknowledge our weaknesses, search scriptures, and ponder course adjustments. We receive the righteous benefits from heavenly inspired gifts of science, technology, and art. We bring all truth we are capable of receiving to harmonize our lives with the teachings and perfect example of our leader, Jesus Christ." (Elder V. Dallas Merrell, Beyond the Genius of Man, April 1993 general conference."
Christ provided for us the example of how we can grow and improve. In the Doctrine and Covenants it is called growing from "grace to grace” See D&C 93:11-20
11. And I, John, bear record that I beheld his glory, as the glory of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth, even the Spirit of truth, which came and dwelt in the flesh, and dwelt among us.So, it should be our daily quest to seek to improve a little each day, to be a bit better than we were yesterday. It is through forming good daily habits and allowing ourselves to become subject to them that we improve and grow.
12. And I, John, saw that he received not of the fulness at the first, but received grace for grace;
13. And he received not of the fulness at first, but continued from grace to grace, until he received a fulness;
14. And thus he was called the Son of God, because he received not of the fulness at the first.
15. And I, John, bear record, and lo, the heavens were opened, and the Holy Ghost descended upon him in the form of a dove, and sat upon him, and there came a voice out of heaven saying: This is my beloved Son.
16. And I, John, bear record that he received a fulness of the glory of the Father;
17. And he received all power, both in heaven and on earth, and the glory of the Father was with him, for he dwelt in him.
18. And it shall come to pass, that if you are faithful you shall receive the fulness of the record of John.
19. I give unto you these sayings that you may understand and know how to worship, and know what you worship, that you may come unto the Father in my name, and in due time receive of his fulness.
20. For if you keep my commandments you shall receive of his fulness, and be glorified in me as I am in the Father; therefore, I say unto you, you shall receive grace for grace.
“In truth, the only difference between those who have failed and those who have succeeded lies in the difference of their habits. Good habits are the key to all success. Bad habits are the unlocked door to failure. Thus, the first law I will obey, which precedeth all others is—I will form good habits and become their slave.”
― Og Mandino, The Greatest Salesman In The World