If you go to the web site and you will see that there are 7 Application categories that we use in GTD.
Here are the applications I use for each of these categories:
- E-mail --> Outlook and Gmail (also, some social media like Linkedin and Facebook)
- Calendar --> Outlook synced to Google Calendar synced to my iOS devices
- Address Book --> iOS contacts and Outlook contacts. (syncing is not very clean). I've also started using Evernote to scan business cards and get the information into my iOS contact list.
- Task/List Manger --> Evernote
- Note Taking --> Evernote and a paper Moleskine notebook (sometimes I just need paper) If I need a specific page of my notes in Evernote, then I use the document picture feature in the Evernote app on my iPhone
- File Storage --> A little bit in Evernote, some on Google Drive and the rest scattered all over my various computers and network drives.
- Physical Content Scanning --> Evernote
If there were a way to bring all of this together on one seamless application, WOW!.
However, I'm concerned that they will not be able to fully integrate Outlook. Some of us are stuck with Outlook at work for our e-mail and calendaring. That will be a big nut to crack.
I'm going to keep an eye on them and see what they come up with.