Here is another monument in the series. This is the Mormon Battalion monument on the southeast corner of the state capitol property.
The first few lines on the inscription on the plaque reads:
THIS MONUMENT WAS ERECTED BY THE AUTHORITY OF THE STATE OF UTAH AS
A RESULT OF A MOVEMENT BEGUN IN 1905 BY THE DAUGHTERS OF THE MORMON
BATTALION. THE FUNDS CAME FROM THOUSANDS OF CONTRIBUTORS, THE TOTAL
OF WHICH WAS DUPLICATED BY AN APPROPRIATION BY THE LEGISLATURE OF UTAH.
THE MONUMENT WAS COMPLETED, UNVEILED AND DEDICATED MAY 30, 1927