The most important thing I do during the weekly review is calendar coordination.
I typically do this on Sunday evening.
Here is the process:
- Calendar review and coordination with spouse and family
- Plan my exercise time for the week. (This falls in the "put the big rocks in first" category)
- Coordinate this week's events
- Discuss upcoming events
- Empty paper based in-box at home (mostly bills and things to be filed/reviewed)
- Evernote Review and Cleanup
- Run cleanup item saved searches (no tags, no !When, no @Where)
- Run weekly review saved search (Looks at all !Later and !Someday/Maybe tags)
- Review all !Waiting for tags. Can any be moved to a !NextAction?
- Click on major tags to see if I have lost track of any items
- Review archive notebook, is anything ready to be deleted?
- Delete notes in trash older than 3 months
- Look through my personal notebook (Evernote Moleskine) to see if any of my handwritten action items got lost or didn't get entered into EN.
- Empty my head into Evernote